1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WARCRAFT 3 REFORGED!

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by Zlade(PinkArcher), Nov 3, 2018.

1. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -2
    Warcraft 3 remake is now here! As I said it would be announced in the next blizzcon :D! With it being released next year will we see our favortie aftermath and foremath games remastered as well into Warcraft 3 Reforged?
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. valandil

valandil

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Here the gameplay guys

3. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +868 / 27 / -57
    The conversion should be possible, only problem will be all the custom resources, if they work, it's going to look awful, imagine seeing a WoW Arthas walking around with WC3 Footmen, if the custom resources don't work, then we will have to wait until someone makes a replacement.
  4. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,270 / 12 / -17
    Sadly I don't think there is anyway in hell we are going to be able to import LTA/LTF into the new Reforged editor, the latest World Edit versions barely support maps like LTA so theres no way it's going to be compatable. Theres also the issue of performance, all the standard WC3 models used in LTA will be HD and thats going to put a huge strain on computers during battles of this size, and like Yousef says its going to look really ugly with the custom classic style models next to the HD ones.

But it's not going to be the end of LTA as the reforged version will come with the option of switching to classic mode, which people will do when they want to play games like LTA/LTF/Azz Wars.

I'm looking faward to use the reforged editor, these models even put the HD ones from my ROAR map to shame! HD maps on LTAs scale won;t be possible due to performance but I'd quite like to make some smaller scale grand strategy maps based off smaller Warcraft Lore areas like Quel'Thalas or Stratholme.
    Can't wait to see what the Night Elves or High elves look like!
  5. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +654 / 16 / -61
    Does this mean Grand scale Strategy map such as LTA or AWLR will not be possible on the reforged at all or just that can't import it?

I mean if you make a new Grand scale strategy map totally on the new editor with new models it should work fine, nah? I mean it's 2019, if your PC can't process 2002 engine you really should re-think why you play PC games.

Now as for performance issue I think it's more to do with engine than PC. Obviously WC3s trashy 2002 engine has trouble processing maps like LTA or AWLR, However if you pay close attention to only part it has issue processing is Unit pathing and movement. Hence why when pressure is on Unit lag happens. There is one way around this tho, reducing unit collision to remove pressure from engine processing. Hence why LTF never has unit lag as the engine can process low collision unit movements far far far better. (Hence why one could make 500 dragons in LTA with no Crash yet 500 ground units with stop the engine working)

Yes there are crashes and disconnects, however if Hive is correct when i checked with them. The crashes and DC's have more to do with spaghetti scripts and rubbish triggers as well as trash hosting servers rather than engine. So in theory a Grand Scale RTS should be possible if you reduce collisions and code it properly with Jass.

Only question is how bad will HD models affect performance. If it's only minor, a Grand scale map should still be possible. Hopefully their engine updates increases performance.
  6. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,477 / 21 / -51
    @Marshmalo As a note I was informed of a way to fix maps like LTA/LTF to work with the new editor but it will require a lot of pruning through legacy code that still lingers in the map.
  7. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +868 / 27 / -57
    If you are talking about JASS code, SvnmS removed it all and replaced it with GUI.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -2
    I see, well I am excited for what is to come. Maybe one day we will get huge epic sized maps like LTA.