1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips on how to stop Trolls from conquering whole Quel Thalas IF they choose to focus hard there?

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by SUNSTRIDER, Jul 8, 2018.

1. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +192 / 7 / -20
    So yeah, as the tittle says. If Trolls decide to hard focus on Quel Thalas, how do I stop them as Blood Elves? I only know of pleading for help lol or to just run the fuck away and go Illidari asap... :/ I might be noob in this regard, so I ask for more experience opinions on the matter :D
    Also having my units constantly go wretched is annoying af. :8
    Also now Kaelthas's Flame Strike can no longer destroy trees. I regretted trying to burn the trees near Aerie Peak to make a land route to Quel Today :D just ended up having to run back.
    • This This x 1
  2. Tdmien123

Tdmien123 Mother Knows Best Brigand

Ratings:
    +245 / 10 / -12
  3. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

Ratings:
    +1,336 / 9 / -29
    Unless the balance changed a lot since I played then it should not be hard, red has a strong position for a 1v1, the only issue is that you may have to deal with a scourge aswell.

Couple of things that people often do wrong/forget:
    1. You just need to be really fast in the beginning, trigger your events as fast as possible (if your going to fight for sunwell you need to go all in, you need all the reward gold you can get). Practice multitasking so you can gather your units from your different starting position while creeping with the ranger hero at the same time. Edit: should be noted that fast darkgreens can attack you around the time when Kael gets to Silvermoon, this can become pretty chaotic as you neeeed to trigger the silvermoon event + the sunwell event to have a fighting chance vs dg.
    2. Hero snipe! Killing ZJ vastly brings down darkgreens will to fight and its easy to do, just use Kaels silence and redirekt your archer fire when he doesnt expect it.
    3. Mana flare! (from the summons on the sorceress). DG is highly dependant on caster and it helps a lot, yet i still see many reds not using it.
    4. Archeeers. The archers are straight up great units, if you have the micro to spare and your not hero aiming, shiftclick through his casters and the go down pretty easily.
    5. shit-attack fenix on catas in the beginning of the fight, it brings them down quickly.

Otherwise its just a matter of being fast and hoping no one else intervenes :p
    • This This x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 89 / -214
    bend over
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • This This x 1
  5. Arreone

Arreone

Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -2
    ally horde and have him help you, or have worgen to rip dg to shreads (which he wont becouse he wants his double wisp farm)
    paladins are not an option becouse lb doesnt start with ash (and will be too late to help)
    your own melle units is neat idea but you need sustain and this is what elves lack
    nowdays withouth sunwell health regen aura it is nearly impossible to beat dg
    and if you see 3 groups of brawlers running your way with caster and vile priestess support, i would say with perfect macro your win chance is about 4 to 5%
    reality is sadly that pro red cant beat pro dg (who is using melle meta)
    • This This x 1
  6. Arreone

Arreone

Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -2
    ok ive been testing
    swordsmen defend makes them magic immune (neat!)
    so i think you need proper melle force as elf nowdays and not spam archers like some braindead :D
    still lack of proper healing tools is annoying as fhack
    i would loove to get heal on priests with possibility (mb after getting muuru to silv?) to get upgrade from 25 hp per sec to 35/40 instead of inner fire when your melle cant use it anyway :D
    inner fire would be better on worgen wolf cult followers
    inner fire<heal<upgraded 35/40hp heal
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  7. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +632 / 14 / -51
    Do as Nalesean said and you should be able to hold trolls off. Make sure you build generators and try hold defensively against trolls. As Nalesean said just rush to Quel Asap and if you do it right you should get sunwell and silvermoon before trolls has his army ready.

After that it's a matter of defending against trolls with generators and doing hit and runs so you don't fall under siege fire and melee units catching up + Mass warding which will wipe you. Gotta go for hero aims and Elites kills instead of army kill and you should easily be able to hold and maybe push a bit.

However trolls get stonger over time and once he summons god you are screwed. But before that Either dalaran should help you or LB should help you. If neither happens then alliance has either given up on you or Purple is just useless and most likely worgen.

edit: use spell breaker as melee units to tank. They are so good. Wont take any damage from caster line of trolls while holding the line like a beast. Also will counter summons and magic too and have better stats than sword man.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  8. Arreone

Arreone

Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -2
    like you even need that scrawny ass pigeon/viper to win game as trolls :D
  9. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

Ratings:
    +1,336 / 9 / -29
    Id like to note that I havent played in a while, so if for example brawlers have been buffed I wouldnt know of it, they were not in meta when i last played, allthough it happened.

Have you tried investing heavier then usual into sorcs? Having like 3 groups gives you a lot of summons which can be utilized nicely, plus the slow & damage type should work nicely. On top of that you will normally want to invest in magic dmg/ caster hp soon anyways so.

Idea is to kite with a ton of slow at your disposal.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Arreone

Arreone

Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -2
    thats actually not a bad idea except brawlers have 20% magic immunity and ranged attack 40% to miss so 2 dmg debuffs
    and summons will be source of feed (if dg is smrt enough to dispell)
    slow tho is op addition to your army