1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROAR: Zombie Apocalypse Mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marshmalo, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

ROAR PREVIEW Zombie.JPG
    Rise of a Realm 1.21

By Marshmalo
    [Release date: 08/06/2018]​

Rise of a Realm now comes with a Zombie survival mode inspired by maps like Eras Zombie Invasion!

At the start of the game Player red (host) gets to chose between normal and Zombie Apocalypse mode, if they chose Zombie then the game turns into a co-op surival game, where players must build strong fortresses and defend their kingdom form endless swarms of revaneous undead!

The game gives them 10 minutes to prepare before the full Zombie invasion and after that the undead will slowly grow stronger and stronger.

There is only one way to win Zombie Apocaylse mode, Kingdoms must survive for 45 minutes after which time the Zombie Hive mind will appear in a random location. Players must destroy this to win or face total anihilation!

This patch also includes a number of much needed balance and bug fixes.

Map is available on ENT and MMH however due to the large size of the map (18mb) it is recomended to play on ENT hosting due to increased download speeds.

CHANGES:
    - When a player allies another player, any other Kingdoms which have been vassalized by the allying player also ally the target player.
    - Chickens only have wander for the first 30 seconds of their lives.
    - Ally all command has been added (only available to players which have not been vassalized).

- All damage types deal an extra 5%
    - Spells deal extra damage against fortified armor.
    - Siege Deals increased damage against fortified armor.
    - Siege deals decreased damage against footmen.

- Food limit increased from 175 to 200.
    - There is a maximum of 2 Necromancer Kings allowed per game (I have no idea why this King type is so popular).

- Spearmen have +100 hp. (Use them to counter mass knights please people!)
    - Buildtime on wartents has been decreased.
    - Trebuchets have increased range meaning they can be built further back when Sieging enemy bases.
    - Both Phoenixes have +1000 hp.
    - Flesh Golems have +200hp.
    - Cost of Paladin's Knights once they have Riencarnation goes up from 40 to 70 gold.
    - Archer Captain Elite basic damage increased +3.
    - Dragons have +2000 hp.
    - Cost of Houses has been increased.
    - CD on Scroll of Portals has been decreased.
    - Rune Lord heroes are now correctly targeted as Flying units (Thanks to RandomPerson for pointing this out!)
    - Priests Shield ability cna be set to autocast.
    - Astromancer Queens Mastery also increases Golem HP by +750 and attack base by 25.
    - The Scroll of portal which heres start with now correctly allows teleprtation to any allied structure not just their town hall.
    - Dragonbanes have -25 dmg.
    - Pheonix Spires no longer require Arcanus Stone.
    - Game correctly displays tips.
    - repair time and repair cost on walls and gates and been increased
    - Increased CD on Send Arcane Crystals.
    - CD and mana cost of chain heal has bene increased.
    • Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  2. Skillerino

Skillerino one fool once told me have faith in humanity

I would consider adding more democratic approach if for example X players choose mode X it will be selected cuz hosts can be dicks and choose the exact opposite of what majority wants.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

Got rekt not even after 20 mins in game
    But it was my first game
    This mod is hyp
    • Like Like x 1
  4. somefaggot

somefaggot Map Maker

@Marshmalo map file waiting room ResidentSleeper
  5. Onyx

Just dl it on MMH LUL
  6. somefaggot

somefaggot Map Maker

Not for playing but for editing
    Oh btw Void minion is cast when you summon skeletons

And the reason Necro is most picked is because
    -Necromancy is cool
    -Necromancers are the only ones with a unique early game mechanic (raising permanent skeletons)
  7. Onyx

Yeah skeletons were really useful for both early creeping and early zombies
    And I don't think she will give you her map LUL
  8. Marshmalo

Here is the change log for 1.21 which aims at balancing the Zombie mode to make it alil less harder so people dont die so fast:

- Workers auto repair aquisition rnage has been reduced to make them less anoying.
    - All players gain an injection of 1000 gold and 2000 iron 5 minutes into Zombie Apocalypse mode to help them build ther bases up intime.
    - All players gain a small passive income during Zombie Mode, when a player dies this income is increased by +25g and 50 lumber. This means any players left standing, even if their are only 2 or 3 left will gain a substantially improved income, making last stands more viable.
    - When a player dies to Zombie Apocalypse they no longer lose all resouces.
    - The Hive mind has some close rnage abiliies to better defend itself.
    - For the first 10 minutes once the Zombie Invasion has started all the zombies have -5 decreased armor so players can better cope with the first spawns.
    - dragon dmg increased by 25 and hp increase by 3000.
    - Fire mastery now also increases the effectiveness of the Pheonises Blazing Heart spell.
    - Arcane Mages crystal Sentinels have been nerfed.
    - Iron cost of reparing walls has been decreased.

If you have an asshole host then your game is ruined anyway, no matter how democratic I make it. A host just kick anyone they like and even unhost the whole game. Anyone hosting this which intends to go zombie mode shoudl always indicate that in the hosting game name.

I have sent you a PM. I dont understand what you mean by map waiting room.

Void minion is meant to be auto cast when summon skeletons is cast, its to reduce need for micro, all the mages elites have their summon spell on auto cast, thats not a bug :-)

Wel normaly I wouldnt but Somefaggot says he can help with triggers in ways I can't, so with a trigger expert helping I might be able to add some more interesting stuff like different types of alliances.
    It's such a shame WC3 dosnt support a third custom resource type, I'd love to add a "Knowledge point" resource which indicates how educated your Kingdom is and these points cna then be spent on researches. There is alot more we can add but if only the warcraft system allowed it.
  9. Marshmalo

I feel I should apologise to Clan UOS, they hosted this last night but versions 1.20 and 1.21 where bugged! The game wasnt giving any time before the Zombie Invasion begand so you would have died super fast!

I have fixed this now in 1.22 so hopefully you will give it another try!

I have also made some changes to the Green Man mythic monster and igven it a beutiful new HD model:
    ROAR SC Tree.JPG
    - Green man has been renamed to Ancient Guardian, has +2000hp and the Cleave ability, Lay roots ability has been replaced with Regrow.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Excalibur

Excalibur

Marshmalo's zombie universe, I feel like I can make a movie.:D