1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Path Choice: Empowered Garithos

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by EmperorFawful, Jan 2, 2016.

1. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Ratings:
    +3,133 / 30 / -105
    After some tinkering within my brain about the recent LTA patch notes and knowing myself that a map with Empowered Sylvanas AND Empowered Illidan can cause devastateing damage to existing factions, I found finally after 10 minutes random talking with @Manetho the solution:
    Light Blue has to be able to go Empowered Garithos path!

[​IMG]
    After several battles, while not becomeing a pawn of Balnazzar, Garithos deserves more to be just the third wheel on Light Blue's hero car, which gets replaced with each final path, he goes now. Humanity is in peril and thus Tyr ascends himself to grant Garithos the power to wield the blade on his own against the inhuman beasts.
    For this to happen, following things have to be established:
    - Level 10 for Garithos
    - Tyr's Hand has to be alive to research the path
    - Light Blue has to be Silverhand
    - Lordaeron has been restored
    - Detheroc has died (so Garithos can't be mind-controlled)

Once this is done, both Dwarves and Blood Elves get kicked out of the Alliance like the inhuman scum they are.
    And... yes, Dalaran also, because Garithos hates traitorous Mages, who marry inhuman elves and cowardly hide in their flying city! Oh and about Worgen we better not speak - beasts, all of 'em!

The features, which come with the Empowered Garithos path:
    - Garithos gets an HP buff for 5000 additional hit points + he can cast "Blessing of Tyr", working like the resurrection spell, but with a 10 seconds cooldown and 50 mana costs.
    - Additionally to that he gets granted the 'Hammer of Tyr', a magical, undroppable item, which allows Garithos to teleport around the entire map
    - Paladins get the cooldown on Ressurection also lowered
    - Isilien becomes revivable
    - Steamtanks shoot two times faster than usual due to Garithos new Thorium Hammer technology
    - Lordaeron footman can attack air units with their newly blessed blades and deal + 10 extra-damage
    - You can research on Tyr's Hand 'Pulverize' as an ability for all your ground forces.
    - Whenever Garithos leaves Tyr's Hand, 'Humanity is in peril!' shall be played as an ingame quote global for each player
    - When Garithos dies, LTA ends for all players with a defeat message. 10 Seconds before it ends, the death message "Our Lord and Saviour has died - Doom has come to this world" shall appear as a text message for everyone.

I know, you all agree with me, that it is the best idea ever to do. Normally I would say "Yeah, that's imbalanced, we shouldn't do that",
    but in tribute to Marshmalo and the amazeing fun I nontheless have with LTA, I wish to suggest a path, she actually considered once herself (though perhaps not in the way, I intend it to work out).

Therefore, this is my supposed apologize for some admittedly rude critique upon 1.40. I will look sceptical on Empowered Sylvanas after this patch, but I'll admit that the tone wasn't justified. Hope you enjoy it, as it will be one of the rare times, where I go down the path to just suggest something shiny and bright. ;)
    Alos, fo those, who think I'm not worthy to propose this majestic path design: Add to it, that I originally invented the 'King Garithos arc' on diplomunion by accident long ago before the hype around Garithos started at BH!
    The explanation why I'm speaking solely the truth, can be found here with all relevant links and references:
    http://www.brigandshaven.net/threads/path-choice-empowered-garithos.2862/page-6#post-63926

Thus, any arguments against this path are invalid because
    PRAISE OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!
    LONG SHALL HIS RULE BE;
    LONG SHALL HE REIGN;
    PRAISE LORD GARITHOS​

PS: I'm not drunk, just in a good mood. :D
    • Funny Funny x 20
    • Like Like x 18
    • This This x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Harald

Harald The Betrayer Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,166 / 18 / -51
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • This This x 2
  3. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Brigand Donator

Ratings:
    +1,799 / 13 / -10
    YES PLEASE
    • This This x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Arlt

Arlt Archangel of Wisdom Brigand Legend

Ratings:
    +2,533 / 34 / -40
    I love it Emperor. :D
    ''Once this is done, both Dwarves and Blood Elves get kicked out of the Alliance like the inhuman scum they are.
    And... yes, Dalaran also, because Garithos hates traitorous Mages, who marry inhuman elves and cowardly hide in their flying city! Oh and about Worgen we better not speak - beasts, all of 'em!''

[​IMG]
    • This This x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Bram51warcraft

Bram51warcraft Lore Nerd Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +482 / 22 / -42
    So Stupid,

the moment Garithos is empowered he should just insta win the game
    • Like Like x 3
    • This This x 1
  6. Uther01

Uther01 God of champions Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,449 / 101 / -163
    10/10
  7. StannisTheMannis

StannisTheMannis

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Sure. While at it, give Thrall a passive called Green Jesus that gives him +9999999999999 damage, armour, health and mana. Also, put protoss in the map FOR AIUR!
    • This This x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Ratings:
    +3,133 / 30 / -105
    True, we can implement a 10-minute timer for that - but people have to experience the magnificence of his strength themselves, I think.
    Else it wouldn't be that fun. I mean, just imagine all those Lordaeron Footmen, fireing holy light at Deathwing!

Empowered Thrall is not an option - there is no fitting Chris Metzen model. :(
    • This This x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Uther01

Uther01 God of champions Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,449 / 101 / -163
    Why dont we just add a chuck norris model for garithos? And instead of Elves leaving alliance they loose all units except for 1 swordman with 1 damage attack an -4 armor.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. StannisTheMannis

StannisTheMannis

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    But, can I have a high templar at least? Or maybe a void ray.
    • Like Like x 1