1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTF Suggestions: Revamps

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Woodenplank, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +877 / 8 / -1
    Post here your big, fucking suggestions.
    • Adding new factions paths
    • Completely changing a faction, or one of its paths (Shadow Council --> Nerubians, New Lordaeron --> Stormwind, etc.)
    • Major terrain changes (like adding Stormwind, moving Kul'tiras, etc.)
    For suggestions of the smaller kind, see the Design and Balance thread.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  2. Mangros

Mangros You dont want to know.

Ratings:
    +454 / 7 / -46
    I like your idea of making 3rd scourge faction within the evil team by removing Shadow Council and adding the Nerubian faction.
    But it will highly effect the outland fight and south fight.There wont be a shadow council to support Dark horde againts the alliance so if legion decides to focus north it will be a loss for south.

Scourge wont be helping Legion team willingly he will surely betray at the first chance he gets.

If you are to reballance the fight outland fight then Dragonmaw and Dark horde needs to be changed aswell.

My suggestion:

Dragonmaw Now becomes Dark Horde.

-Blackrock Spire and everything in south will be controlled by Dark Horde(Dragonmaw)
    -Dragonmaw Base will be neutral and invulnerable along side with Morg'hor.
    -You get Blackrock Champions as your new frontline units.
    -You get Blackrock Choosen as your elite units which is stronger then normal dragonmaw or shattaret hand elites.
    -You start with Rend Blackhand,Nekrosh and Warmaster Voone.
    -you have an event which gives you a base in alterac Valley along side with demi.
    -You start with smolderhorn units you dont need to do research.
    -You can go can Neferians brood but you cannot get Neferian.
    -You can go black Dragonflight which gives you the ability to summon Neferian when you hit 15 lvl with Rend.
    -You can gain Dragonmaws support if you go Blackdragon flight but doing so will remove warmaster Voone and add fel archers and Warlocks.
    -Blackrock spire now has a siege aura.
    -You can go Twilight's Hammer clan after gainning the support of Morg'hor and dragonmaw Clan.

Dark Horde now becomes Fel Horde.
    -You start in outland.
    -You Start with Kargath Bladefist and Teron Gorefiend.
    -You can get Magtheridon after 10 mins(no longer requires for Civil War to happen)
    -You get Casters of current Shadow council.
    -You can get Gruul and ogre as a subpath.
    -You can choose to go Shadow council.Doing so you will get Grandmaster Vorpil with Zhuluhed.(Magtheridon will be switched to Legion and legion will be able to make pitlords as long as Maghteridon is alive and Kargath could be removed or goes neutral and ilidari gets him whenever ilidari conquers Helfire citadel.)
    -You can choose to go ilidari after Maghtheridon is dead.(No longer requires for Blood elves to go ilidari.If blood elves arent fast enought they will lose their ilidari path.If blood elves already went ilidari then you get Kayn Sunfury as your main hero when you go ilidari)

Also With 3rd Scourge faction added and 3 can be gain from the Alliance makes Scourge 6 man alliance.

So some of the path should be removed or some factions like Fel elves and Risen should be improved so people will be encouraged to play them.Right now they are the most shittiest path in the game.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Awesomeguy

Awesomeguy Im Awesome Brigand

Ratings:
    +199 / 9 / -14
    Add the Vrykul path(sub-path) for either dg or blue. It has been suggested a lot before and I think people already made a thread about it as well.
    Give Teal a second chance path.
    Remove Maiev from Dalaran and give it to Ranger corps as a new Night Elf path:
    It will just trigger the sentinels path and give him Maiev and wardens in addition. This way green(pink) has the chance to get a real path and secure his position in the Alliance team, without having to risk losing his hero (Sylvanas) and leaving the Alliance (and everything he got).
    Similar Silverhand-Argent Crusade path.
    You might as well let Green keep sylvanas (and have 4 heroes) and some of the rangers units as a buff, this is just an idea im throwing out.

Another crazy suggestion of mine, is instead of removing Shadow Council in exchange for Fallen Nerubians, remove Rangers Corps from the game and replace them with Fallen Nerubians.
    This way, we totally fix the 6v6 problem, forcing early game to always end in Alliance lose, so they never would be able to push and win in the first 20 minutes. And this will force Civil war as well.
    Legion gets to keep their only caster faction, and Alliance loses another hero aim faction (and they have too many already.) that doesnt have much content already.
    You can give Ranger Corps as a sub-path to either Highborne (Maybe just as highborne, and it will be removed if he goes blood elves) or Silverhand (Like in LTA) or maybe even Dg (He doesnt have much content anyways.)
    Sylvanas and her banshees will go to Scourge DG when he destroys Winderunner Spire (following the lore). This will encourge dg to go scourge even more, and give him some real content as Scourge. If dg goes other path (and blue gets arthas) Blue can active this event as well, and because you already remove anubarak he wont have to many heroes.

I think that Ranger Corps is one of the most useless factions atm, but thats just my opinion.
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Woodenplank

Ratings:
    +877 / 8 / -1
    Hopefully all this won't be necessary, as remaking Shadow Council into Nerubians should be a last resort. I want to try any 'fix' for the Civil War imbalance before I resort to that.
    Still; I like your suggestions, and will try to keep them in mind - should it be necessary.

For now the only planned change for Dragonmaw Faction paths is Black Dragonflight shouldn't be neutral renegades IMO - Right now Gruul is the only faction evolution Dragonmaw gets without fucking himself over and betraying Legion/Horde. I think it will be more interesting for Dragons to compete with Ogres out of playstyle and preferences. (This, of course, merits some changes to both paths).
    Besides... "dedicating yourself to the Black Dragonflight" shouldn't make you unallied to Dark Horde... Who actually have bloody Nefarian on the team...
    • This This x 1
  5. ImSoDamnedLaz

ImSoDamnedLaz Communism wasn't THAT bad.

Ratings:
    +95 / 2 / -2
    I don't think Nerubian change will be positive. Im against adding Nerubians of all factions to Scourge team
    • Lack of content
    • Steals content from Scourge, who is already lacking content
    • Another player for Scourge team may imbalance the entire plague event, perhaps completely killing Alliance every time.
    • No seriously, lack of content
    I'm really against the idea of using Nerubians, who weren't fleshed out at all in WC3 or WoW, and turning their sub-species into an entire faction. If you really do add them, you'll have to add your own original content/ideas. The only event for them i can think of is in the regards of adding new areas where they can construct Nerubian bases. You'll have to revamp Azjol Nerub to actually make it seem like a main base.

To make up for the loss of Scourge content, perhaps add something interesting to their roster. I suggest Revenants, which i think you said you'd add, and undead sub-races. For example, after a certain period of time or if Illidari event is initiated, Scourge can create undead Naga. Or you could utilize their "mind control" over subspecies to get undead variations of creeps once you defeat certain camps. Things like Undead wolves, murlocs, furbolgs, or even go as far as Worgen. Did a quick google search and they have mind controlled Wendigo and trolls in their forces as well.

Overall, i find it to be a cheeky fix to a scourge vs legion which creates problems like plague imbalance and general lack of content.
  6. Woodenplank

Ratings:
    +877 / 8 / -1
    As I said; don't expect Nerubians to become a faction in their own right any time soon (or ever).
    It was a suggestion for a "last-resort" type thing, if all other solutions to the Civil War imbalance have tried and failed.

So for now, try to forget about Nerubian faction, and put your devious little minds to work on other factions paths and reworks :-)
  7. reddragon25

reddragon25

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Scourge should have the ability to reanimate dragon heroes , like Forsaken cans reanimate Galen Trollbane.
    for example if Deathwing falls The Lich King should be able to reanimate him as an undead frost version of him who is just as powerful as the living one.
    The same for Nefarian and Kalecegos or even Malygos.
    But that is just a suggestion.
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. Woodenplank

Ratings:
    +877 / 8 / -1
    Lich King God-Hero with Sapphiron demi-God-Hero and Malygos God-hero, and Nefarian God-Hero, and Deathwing God-Hero, and Kalecgos & Anub'arak regular Heroes.

Might be fun if you're playing Scourge.
    Not fun if you're anyone else.
    • This This x 3
  9. reddragon25

reddragon25

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What about only reanimating Malygos?
  10. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei GirlGamer BTW Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,401 / 86 / -202
    Or instead, when a Dragon hero dies it drops a SCOURGE ONLY ITEM (Blue) “Draconic Bone” which when 3 are collected give the Lich King access to raising Galakrond as a God-Tier hero (Raising Galakrond would give Sapphiron to DG Scourge or Cult)

Now I know Marsh doesn’t want Vrykul, but right now you /are/ editor and I think you should take this chance to add Vrykul (Especially if your idea of replacing Shadow Council with Nerubians comes into fruition) - So....

Vrykul (Blue Content if SC goes FN)
    - King Ymirion : Hero
    (Raise hero instead of Rivendare)
    Q - Vrykul Banner (Banner that gives AOE damage)
    W - War Stomp
    E - Some Aura (Maybe Dmg reduction)
    R - Reincarnation (?)

Vrykul Proto-Drakes (Limit 6)
    Corrosive Breath (Maybe?)

Vrykul Runecaster
    Q - Autocast Polymorph
    W - Dispel (?)
    E - Summon Runestone (Slow Aura)

Just some ideas.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1