1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTF: 0.16 Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Marshmalo, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,752 / 12 / -17

NOTES: This was meant to be a small patch which fixed some issues from 0.15 but has grown in response to peoples feedback so apologies for the messy layout of these notes.
    This patch continues to address some of the cheesy aiming gameplay which we all hate as well as some balance issues, most of it is stat or minor changes but there is still some new content and important terrain changes.

CHANGES (ALL FACTIONS)
    [​IMG]

- Mana points granted per intelligence point decreased from 11 to 9 (This makes all hero spells slightly more expensive to cast).

- TERRAIN CHANGE: The Lightbridge to the Sunwell Island has been removed and replaced by a widened walkway, Silvermoon city has also been expanded. (Sunwell Bridge should be less of a chokepoint now).

- TERRAIN CHANGE: The village in the center of Loch Modan has been removed, instead the Dwarves have a fortified Outpost of Dun Algaz Station with a mountain pass to Wetlands area. (This is a much more tactical position to defend, from this outpost the Dwarves can protect Menthil Harbor, Loch Modan and retreat to Dun Morogh if they need to. The outpost also has a Dwarven Siege cannon mounted to aid in its defense. This should slow down Legion’s march through Outland and buy alliance time while it deals with Plague.)

- Tirion is tied to Tyrs Hand not Valiance keep in Northrend.

- Statue in Tyrs hand has been redone.

- Undead Arthas also has the Cold Spirits ability.

- Dark Greens Scourge Path Abomination unit has been replaced with Fallen Knights, these are faster, stronger but limited to 12.

- Scourge Death Knights have reduced gold cost and increased mana, also starts off with some Frost Wyrms in Northrend.

- Ice Crown Obelisks have +2500 hp to avoid aims.

- Stromgaurd and Nathanos researches require either King Terenas or New Lordaeron Path.

- One minute after the Frozen Throne is destroyed then King Terenas sees that the time is right for his son to become King, he abdicates his Throne and the Crown of Lordaeron passes onto to Arthas.

- Damage caused to heroes from Rangers Stunning shot spell has been reduced from 100 to 50. But the damage caused to non-hero units has been massively increased, deals 1000 piercing type damage to a non-hero unit and stuns for 7 seconds (This reduces rangers hero aim capacity but makes this ability worth using on non-hero units and elites).

- High elf Archer Bonus damage from cold arrows reduced by 4 points (level 1: down from 12 to 8, level 2 down from 15 to 11.)

- Lumber cost of Ranger corps Ballista’s reduced from 50 to 25.

- Armor of Rune Stones increased from 5 to 10 to avoid aims.

- HP and attack of Wretched Arcane Wrath summon increased slightly.

- HP of Wretched Thaelis and Ellaria has been increased, Thaelis also has a Teleport ability to improve Wretched mobility.

- Wretched Kael has an extra 200 base mana points.

- Basic Wretched melee unit has +150 HP.

- Muradin has an extra +150hp, Brann starts off with a Scroll of Teleport (makes leaving Northrend less hassle for Dwarfe player).

- Wildhammer path spawns more Wildhammer units at Aerie Peak.

- Paladin Knights Exorcism spell can no longer target enemy heroes, Paladin Knights also have a new model.

- Dark Ranger Elites now have their own model instead of using the elven ranger model.

- Purge on Vrykul Death knights now only targets organic units (cannot be used to aim transport ships).

- Dark Iron Golems have +200hp.

- Dark Iron Sorcery upgrade gold cost decreased by 50.

- Gryphon Riders armor increased by 1 (includes DI variant).

- Malganis has the Soul Barrier ultimate ability instead of Dark Summoning.

- Duration of Soul barrier and bonus speed has been increased.

- Shadow Councils Death Knights Fel lord spell has been changed to work like a standard summon spell (The Invulnerability was too open to abuse and there is no way to make them vulnerable due to WC3 hard coding).

- Lordaeron Palace can no longer be aimed by air or by Naxxramas.

- Andorhal HP increased from 3000 to 4000.

- Lordaeron player now starts off with some ships.

- Cults Raised Ghouls can no longer be raised more than once, this means they no longer have endless supply of raised ghouls and must use Meat wagons or Kel’thuzads Raise corpses to supply their army with bodies. (I know we have been trying to buff Scourge but not only was this OP with endless Ghoul armies but was also causing unit movement lag as the game can't handle swarms of endless Ghouls).

- New Icon for Archimonde.

- Legions Infernal Machines have a longer build time as you’d expect from a siege unit.

- Fel Reavers Gold cost increased from 30 to 35.

- Sunwell Guardians have +500hp.

- The Silver Covenant unique building is now created at Old Dalaran provided it has not been destroyed at the time of its research. (Makes sense that the Elves would build it here if Old Dalaran hadn’t been destroyed). Can also build Archers and Ballistae and has increased HP.

- Covenant Rangers now require The Silver Enclave in Dalaran. (This gives Ranger Corps more incentive to help defend Dalaran.)

- Dragonhawk Riders have an extra +100hp.

- Gold cost of Zombies reduced from 21 to 17.

- Silvermoon and Windrunner spire can no longer be targeted by Battleships or by air (can still be targeted by Frigates).

- Night Elf Wisps created by Sentinels are now unlimited and can hover over water, but their lumber harvesting rate has been reduced.

- Dyad Elites have been replaced with Sentinel Vanguards.

- HP of Archdruid Malfurions Beast form has been increased.

- Paladin Elites have slightly less mana.

- If Adal is destroyed he/she turns into a neutral Hostile Void god.

BUG /ABUSE FIXES / OPTIMISATIONS
    [​IMG]

- Anastarans Mass Teleport has correct hotkey.

- When DG leaves a lot of his events are then turned off (not ones which effect remaining players).

- Dark Iron Emperor Hero no longer starts off at level 2 and uses timed hero XP instead.

- Gan’arg worker collision size has been reduced.

- Summon Kazzak has correct icon.

- More models have been added to map preload (This prevents game lagging for a moment when game renders a custom model not already loaded, if you find a model which causes initial lag when first created please report it so it can be added to preload.)

- Barracks which spawns for Twilghts Hammer in Highlands is now correct variant.

- Murgul Marauder can now target CPs.

- Tol Barad prisoners now spawn at correct place.

- Smoulderthorn Troll Voodoo shop no longer sells scrolls of speed.

- Summon worker items which are accidently dropped now automatically remove themselves from game.

- Fel Reaver at Krazzworks has been removed.

- LB only gets message to Say Muru is ready to perform exodus event if LB hasn’t already triggered it.

- Blackhearts E hotkey spell has been fixed.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • This This x 1
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  2. Awesomeguy

Awesomeguy Im Awesome Brigand

Ratings:
    +178 / 6 / -8
    Omg, I just logged in to brigand haven, There is nothing that makes me more happy to see another new patch.
    You are so awesome Marshmalo!
    I will provide feedback later on
    • Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  3. ImSoDamnedLaz

ImSoDamnedLaz Communism wasn't THAT bad.

Ratings:
    +89 / 2 / -2
    I really have a complaint with 1000 dmg ability on ELITES too. I can't imagine the horror of Grey obtaining liches and sunwell being absorbed...only to have them be 1 or 2 shot and then being unattainable. Same with demi-heroes like drakthar in unit form?

*cough* this specific scenario could be avoided by giving liches mana shield with POSSIBLY *cough* a far fetched dark ritual *cough.* But this is totally my own desire as grey is my favorite *cough*
  4. Marshmalo

Ratings:
    +2,752 / 12 / -17
    Well the Damage type is piercing damage, in LTA/LTF this only deals 35% to hero armor, so its not actually as OP vs elites as it sounds, especially when a ranger aim could kill your unrevivable hero in mere seconds before.

This is a anti hero aim change but without making the Rangers useless.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

Ratings:
    +496 / 16 / -55
    I think the replay I gave did some job :p
  6. Harald

Harald Loremaster Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,033 / 18 / -51
    If this goes in then say goodbye to demis and elites, it will end up in an aim fest on elites and demis.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. ImSoDamnedLaz

ImSoDamnedLaz Communism wasn't THAT bad.

Ratings:
    +89 / 2 / -2
    Just tested it all out. Currently liches have 700 health. They can have a maximum of 12 armor with lich kelthuzad. This means they would take 812 maximum damage from a combined total of 4 stunning shots, resulting in a death. This may be prevented with spell shield...possibly i don't know or even a heal between the shots. But i would really recommend at least giving liches +100 hp to survive this onslaught. 100 health may let them survive as it gives time for a heal or regeneration of some sort without being shrekt by 3 arrows and some unit aim thanks to the 7 second stun. Just a suggestion
  8. SomeoneStoleXardas

SomeoneStoleXardas

Ratings:
    +23 / 2 / -5
    That change is really bad, even if elites have hero armor did u see the HP on some of them like Grays necros ? not to mention it's a 7 second stun so you effectivly eliminate 80 G worth of unit at the start, also I can see that used on Dragonmaw catapult... even if it had a minute cooldown it is really effective early game and probably late game please consider changing this and by changing removing it... not only dmg is strong but so Is stun... and the 4 elites aren't that big of a problem when it comes to aiming it's Sylvanas Vareesa crowd control frost arrows 70%, Silence, and Arcane vortex. Also there's no reason to test this if it's good for an entire version cos of the bat you'll see ridiculkous things.
  9. Marshmalo

Ratings:
    +2,752 / 12 / -17
    Stunning Shots has never worked on Mechanical units, its organic only, so no aiming catapults. Also, all Elites have resistant skin, this means they are stunned for same duration as hero units. So in this case just a 1 seconds Stun.

I think this is a case where it sounds more OP than it actually is, but I've reduced the damage from 1000 to 750 until we can get some multiplayer feedback. Patch isn't out yet and I'm glad I got some feedback from the notes before releasing it :-)
  10. SomeoneStoleXardas

SomeoneStoleXardas

Ratings:
    +23 / 2 / -5
    Okay but the Dragonmaw catapult is an organic unit and so are the expensive as fuck air units which will end up being 50% hp in 1 arrow... but I am more worried about that god damn catapult which is pretty much the only way brown can hold a rush down south