1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTA 1.52 Feedback

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by SvnmS, Feb 9, 2018.

1. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,546 / 14 / -38
    Post any kind of feedback about this version here. Any suggestions on what could be changed for the better in balance, aesthetics or anything else are welcome.
  2. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +635 / 14 / -51
    One thing tho I don't understand why Transport ships got speed buffed and they are faster than Frigates?

You wanted to reduce CP snipes, make it easier to finish people off and add more tactical value but changes to Ships all go against this.

Right now easiest and cheapest escape in the game is transport ships. Go snipe with your hero and when in danger put him in trans ship and nothing can catch you. Your ship is tanky AF and faster than any Flying units or ships in a game.

Also right now there is no tactical value to build frigates. They are useless against transport ships as they are slower and miss all their shots. While also they are garbage against battleships. Idk why anyone would build frigates.

Not to mention right now this transport system is a huge indirect buff to faction like Scourge Who can purge transport ships and heavy nerf to factions without and slows on ships who have to watch in disbelief a hero they have corned easily get away while nothing they have can catch trans ships.

Transport ships Are a meant for transport not jet ski for easy escapes. Make them tankier but far slower. If you don't have a navy to protect your transport ship against enemy navy then your transport ship should not survive.
    • This This x 3
  3. Tehfebeb

Tehfebeb ProphetHeWhoMustNotBeNamed

Ratings:
    +201 / 6 / -19
    Iliya while most of what you say is correct there is one thing you got wrong

you dont snipe cps with heroes anymore, you do it with siege units.

You cant micro 12 anyway, so use like 4-5 and send the rest to snipe cps :-DDDDDDDD
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Spectator

Ratings:
    +635 / 14 / -51
    Guess so lol, They new system does indeed need some changes.

Still tho it doesn't make sense for a hero to get away so easily when cornered. Doesn't have to be CP snipes, It can be you losing a battle and being surrounded but You don't have to pay any consequence cause you just go to Jet Ski and there is nothing Enemy can do even if he has Navy and Flying chasing you.

Frigates' job is meant to catch tranship but currently they are utter garbage at that.
  5. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,546 / 14 / -38
    I buffed the transport to make moving units around by sea easier, to prepare for attacks or to take CPs.
    In contrast I increased the frigate range, I think that right now a transport ship trying to pass through 5 frigates will die. But perhaps that number should be lowered, I'll keep experimenting with that.

Unit CP snipe is ok, what I want removed now is the hero CP snipe. Unit CP snipe can be counter by training and sending some of your own units there, which doesn't work against hero squads who just get XP from weak attempts to stop them.

You cannot snipe with your hero.

Frigates cannot miss their attacks.

I indeed didn't think about purge, but I don't think it is that big of a deal, if transport ships end up being too good, I'll eventually reduce their HP or increase frigate movement speed depending on how I want to take the game.

Navy can't really protect against other navy, because it is absolutely fine to loose 12 ships just to kill that one transport ship, so even if you have 24 units protecting it, they can't stop other ships from shooting your one valuable ship.
    That is why transport ships have to be fast, now it is a matter of reducing their tankiness to balanced levels.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Arlt

Arlt Resident Danskjävel Brigand

Ratings:
    +2,492 / 34 / -40
    You could also change it to a system like AWLR. There the frigates and battleships have (or had, Idk if it was changed) specific roles, and the transport ships can be caught and killed. Frigates are also used for stunning battleships, but battleships will still win in a 1v1. The transport ships have the same speed as frigates in AWLR. I can highly recommend that system as that make all ships useful and meaningful, plus it turns naval combat into something more than just pew pew - I win.
    • Like Like x 2
    • This This x 2
  7. B-Roy7

B-Roy7 Nostalgic

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I like the update overall; new terrain is cool and functions well, the implementing of charge/windwalking for selected frontline is pure genius, and the unit changes are nice, though I find it hard to believe you neglected Silverhand... unless you are saving them for something awesome in the next patch.

However, in my opinion, the catapult collision size is too large, they trapped my army and for only single target damage I really only found them useful against towers/bases. They are also too slow, my units moved in slo-mo when grouped with them, it as actually kinda funny, the siege is left in the dust but not really a big deal, they catch up. Another problem was the unlimited units. Again in my opinion, limiting units is an essential part of army composition, or else if you have enough gold your army can consist of the strongest frontline possible lets say 18 Flesh Golems, which is totally unfair, especially with charge/windwalk. Unlimiting some units is great but some of them need to have limts like the Seige Golem, cuz I got fucked up by about 10 of them, idk there could have been more, it all happen so fast.

The CP regen was interesting, takes some getting used to, it was good for stopping small numbers of units from cp sniping, which is what is was meant for. You can still snipe with to siege (which is do-able with new 12 limit) but ehh.
    Bummed that the Gilneas Elite Wolfpack with Crowley can no longer wreak havoc on unoccupied territory.
    Why was the other entrance to Trisfal Glades removed?
  8. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,546 / 14 / -38
    Yes, I have already aknowledged the issue with siege units. I will buff their movement speed, but I'll keep their collision size for now.

But let us talk about siege in the context of unlimited unit, if siege was as it used to be, and was made unlimited, people would spam them a lot, but right now, they are essential, but are not good in large numbers. They help a lot with sieging cities, but a lot less in army confrontation, so that makes the player have to pick a decision on how many siege units to make. Which is the intent here.

Currently, I think a lot of people have yet to notice that the unlimited bear riders, jungle raptors and other previously limited units now have a different role, which is to be tanky. A jungle ratpor deals roughly the same amount of damage a troll brawler does, even though it costs more. So for the same cost, you get more tankines from jungle raptors and more damage and attack area (how many units you can have on the frontlines) with the brawlers. The same applies to ghouls and abominations, bear riders and dwarven warriors..etc

Yes, a lot of factions and paths were neglected unfortunately because the patch was getting too large, I will add content for the factions that didn't get much in future versions.

Also, could you please tell me which Trisfal Glades entrance was removed, I'm not sure which part of the map you are talking about, a screenshot can help perhaps.

Thanks for the feedback ! I really appreciate it.

EDIT : I just did some tests, equivalent amounts of gold spent on Flesh Golems and Knights seem to be almost a tie when I want to make it so that knights are better since the Golems are better at tanking, I'll be reducing Golem damage in the next version.

I might, I'll think about it more ! thanks.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  9. Spectator

Ratings:
    +635 / 14 / -51
    Hmm still I reckon Its ok to have Transport ships be Tankier instead of Faster.

If they are tanky when Caught by Frigates your course of action is for you to get them to the closest land possible which is always quite easy so your Heros won't get sunk.

If they are fast its really really bad cause you can use it as an easy escape mechanic and out run anything that tries to catch you. Bringing your hero away from danger to a land far far away.

Frigates are meant to Catch Transport ships escaping their heros to a safe heaven continent far away. If I were to magically predict and have 5 Frigates on the way of the Transport Ships I might as well just use 5 battleships so still no point to Frigates. No Tactical value of building them in LTA apart from maybe killing Nax.

In Short Tranship should be able to get their load to closest land before dying when attacked by frigates but not be able to easily pick up heros and bringing them far far away with no worries of anyone killing them since Frigates can't catch Trans ships
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  10. ShadowBro

ShadowBro

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -5
    If horde shamans lost their summons , the elementalist summons shouldnt be buffed instead nerfed??? cmon 350hp ,big unit colison size , u cant spirit link them - mby atleast some upgrade for them. Also giving etheral elementalists disenchant gives them SOOOO much value... while horde already has purge, abolish magic and mass purge. i cant say dat new shaman spell is useless but if u are going maghar u need to be tanky. This change just destroyed their frontlane, also less hp casters = less hp front (elementalists and power insfiusion)
    CP hp regen is just too much xd
    forsaken banshes imo now are garbage, they were nice coz of autocast anti magic shield
    and dwarves :-), i like playing dwarves and im using 12 dwarven warriors and 4 bear warriors - reason is simple dw>>>>>bw , why? 8dmg recut if u control all 3 buldings , smaller colision size = more units are possible to attack , purge on autoattack (nice vs buffs and summons) and the best - antipiercing shield that makes them to lose 10hp per piercing shot from units dat has 40-50 dmg, RIP forsaken+dmc+scourge. So buffing dw while nerfing bw isnt a good thing i suppose when they were better before change d